The KBTC team met up with colleagues from other PBS stations across the nation to share best practices and work around the Ready To Learn initiative in our local communities. KBTC joined forces with WVIZ ideastream from Cleveland and KLRU from Austin to present Using RTL to Bridge the Digital Divide Through Housing Authority and Public School Partnerships.
The presentation illustrated ways that these three unique PBS stations have leveraged Ready To Learn resources to create deep and meaningful partnerships with local schools and housing authorities. The full presentation can be seen below, along with a case statement from the participating stations.
- Identify and elevate connections between early childhood education to high school graduation and carer readiness
- Facilitate early childhood professional development trainings and parent workshops
- Form partnerships with local organizations to provide educational support and resources
- Make technology accessible through online and mobile resources and Mobile Technology Labs
- Create out-of-school-time programs to reach at-risk youth
- Increase funding opportunities around education and community outreach programs